Monday, October 29, 2007

The Festival of Samhain



Ahh the dark night approaches. I think one of my favorite things about Halloween is what is means to different people. Some people consider it a super pagan holiday and totally refuse to even recognize it. I like how all the churches have a "Harvest Festival" party, as if calling a horse a marshmallow makes it not a horse anymore. Then there are other people who go decoration crazy and have pumpkins, skeletons, spiders and witchy stuff hanging everywhere. Some people, especially little punks, use it as an excuse to do mischief.
I like to use the time to get in touch with the mystical and horrible types of inexplicable evil, occult and supernatural in the world. This year I will be attempting to conjure a demon (or poltergeist depending on your school of learning) and Wifey and I will be watching for ghosts and monsters by the light of the moon in the front yard.

May All Hallow's Eve see you well...

No comments: