Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tough day

It has been a rough couple of days as some of you know. My wife's 83 year-old grandma is not doing well, mentally. She is physically healthy other than being dehydrated and malnourished from refusing to eat or drink anything. I called an ambulance out to her house last night because we felt she needed to be checked out. They ended up taking her to the hospital after much indecision by the family members that were taking care of her. Grandma wouldn't allow the hospital to give her any fluids or do anything to get her better.

I have to take a step back here and remember that I am only the spouse of a grandchild of this woman and the decisions regarding what to do with her do not lay with me. I am just going to do my best to support my wife and her folks.

-out

2 comments:

AMRoe Visual Communication said...

Good luck with all that is going on. YOu are a good strong support system for your wife and her family.

Take care!
Angela

LIONO said...

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and good thoughts. Grandma has taken a positive turn and things have settled down a bit.

Smiles-